Your birds will have their own coop/run, alpaca security guards 24 hours a day and be well looked after
Our humans take chicken care very seriously and, you can be sure that your girls will be in great hands;
- All birds are checked for visible signs of disease on arrival;
- Our guests stay in our visitor accommodation;
- The coop, water bowl, etc. are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between visitors;
- Stay includes all bedding, layers pellets in the morning, corn in the afternoon, and water
- All visitors are shut into their coop in the evening and let out again in the morning to enjoy their run
- We will collect all your eggs during their stay ready for your return if you request;
- We can pick up and return your birds for you so you have one less thing to do before your holiday – we charge 50p /mile.
- All for just £1.50, inc VAT, per chicken, per day
If you are moving house, going away for longer than a couple of weeks or just need someone to look after your hens for a while please get in touch and we will try to accommodate your needs.
Booked the dog in at the kennels, the cat in at a cattery, don’t want to ask the neighbours again “what are we going to do with the chickens….” They can have a change of scenery too at Wye Valley Alpacas and Friends for just £1.50 inc VAT per chicken per day.
Important small print
- There is a minimum booking of 3 days
- We have no set dropping off or collection time because we charge by the day rather than per night. Just call us three days before to arrange a time.
- If you are late collecting your hens, they may be moved to a temporary holding area, to facilitate cleaning for other bookings, and an additional daily charge will be incurred.
- A contact number should be left whilst you are away.
- All hens should be in good health when they arrive. We cannot accept hens that show symptoms of ill health or respiratory infection.
- Although we are experienced poultry keepers, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, death or injury to your hens whilst in our care. Any veterinary charges will be your responsibility, unless you instruct us otherwise.
- Any hens which are not collected one week after the agreed collection date, will join the Wye Valley flock.
- By making a booking, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- No refunds are given for early collection of your hens.
- Xmas / New Year Period – Surcharge of £15 per booking
- Arrival Day and Collection Day are chargeable.
- School holidays – minimum of 7 days charge.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to confirm booking this should be paid within 48 hrs of booking request otherwise the booking will be released.
- Payment in full is required 1 month before the start of the boarding period. Any bookings made within 1 month of the boarding period will be payable in full at the time of booking.
- Please be aware when booking to give us the dates that you need the birds to arrive and collect – This may not be your actual holiday dates – you may want to drop off the day before you travel and collect the day after you return